Friday, January 23, 2009

It's been over a year since I posted to this blog, and what a year it's been.

Just about a year ago, my husband of 34 years walked out, saying he couldn't stay. Of course he had somewhere to go - and someone to go to. We are now legally separated and I expect him to formalize the divorce as soon as he can, and really, that's totally fine with me.

I'm not going to go into detail here - none of that stuff belongs in this blog anyway, just suffice it to say that things had not been going well for a long time and I'm quite a bit happier on my own.

Also, my daughter got married last year and that was a source of much frustration, aggravation, pride and joy. I love my son-in-law and his family is lovely!

My son has settled into a job he loves working the night shift, which he also loves, so all is good in his world - and that's a nice thing for a parent to be able to say.

When we split, ex-husband and I had to sell the house we owned together and I've bought a much smaller, older house in another (smaller - hahaha) community. The house is homey and much more my size for care, but it does require a little work - especially on the decor! The paint and wallpaper are just NOT me! So I thought this would be a good place to document what I do to spruce the place up and show the work in progress.

Are you ready? Let's go!

No comments: