Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's been a while.  Life has been very busy, and it seems the only time I get to add anything to the blog is when it's Christmas.

In a recent conversation I mentioned that all my plants are flowering, and I haven't been able to propagate my lovely Hoya because the darned thing is always blooming!!!  It's uncanny - the window ledges in the house seem to perfect for the violets and all the other plants. Here's proof:

These two are of the air plant in bloom.  We picked this up in Saint John at Rhoda's Christmas Craft Festival in November, and it was in bud.  Now it's in bloom!


These African Violets were given to us without a bud in sight - look at them now!


My Christmas Cactus is huge now.  Most of the time it is out in the unheated front porch where it gets indirect light (lots of it) and it gets watered when I think of it, and it's away from the cats' main focus (and they have no reason to leap up onto the little table it's on.  In this photo the blooms are almost done; a week ago it was covered in flowers.

Another basket of African violets - gifted to us.  This will make several when I split it up.

Even this little one in front is starting to bloom - for the first time.  These violets are all usually in the windows on the opposite side of the house from the driveway.

The big one in the back is in its usual place.  This summer it was absolutely plastered in blooms, and yet here it is blooming again.  There are at least two good sized plants in the pot and I'll be separating them too.

Here is my beautiful Hoya that I've had for 4 years.  Since I've kept it in the office window (again on the opposite side of the house from the driveway) it has always had at least one bloom.  You can see some buds in the second photo. 


This Violet is in the living room window.  There is another one on the other side of the window, but the Christmas Tree is in the way and I couldn't get a photo of it.

Even the spider plant upstairs is blooming!  Those white things are buds!  This one is usually on the window sill in the bathroom on the second floor facing the street.

This plant isn't blooming, but it is growing new leaves.  Its home is on the window sill in the library - second floor at the front of the house.


No comments: